Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year from Congressman Kimble


As we all gather round and sing Old Lane Sign, it is prudent for us to remember just what we accomplished in 2010 and to look forward to all that we will do in 2011. It has been a great year for us as a country. Together, we finally put a check on President Obama and the Democrats and I have no doubt that prosperity just around the corner.

Disaster was barely avoided at the 12th hour when it looked like the Bush tax cuts would expire, depriving many wealthy Americans of their hard earned cash. The Obama administration continues to run up a huge debt. I don't have any idea how they spend money so fast.

On a personal note, things on the home front have greatly improved for me. My relationship with my wife has fully recovered from the incident of AIPAC 2009 and if anything it's stronger than ever since she began taking separate vacations to hike the Appalachian Trail. She always comes back from her me time refreshed like a whole new person.

I have joined the Board of Directions of Last Stand for Children First, to try and get billionaires voices heard in the struggle to reform our schools. After they have reformed education, I hope we can move on to the police department. It really seems to me that when Congress is in session, Congressmen should get sirens.

I had a feud with Jonathan Capehart in September as the result of a misunderstanding on Twitter, but I think we've agreed to put it behind us and move on. All and all, it's been a great year for most all Americans and 2011 promises to be better still.

No comments:

Post a Comment